Search This Blog

Saturday, 25 February 2012

Ghost Reveries

So, about 2 years ago I decided that I wanted to make my other half an embroidered version of the Opeth logo, as they are one of his favourite bands. Only took several years for me to actually finish it!!! I hoped it would be ready by Christmas 2011, but alas, I was once again thwarted in the plan and ended up finishing it in February! Oh well, better late than never anyway!!

I made the pattern by converting an image of the band logo using KGStitch. It is stitched on 16 count black aida using 2 strands of white thread. I think I used about 2 and a half skeins of thread for this project.

It's now framed and awaiting us to find a new house so it can go up on the wall!

Still needs a better iron, but my ironing board is currently covered in coal dust so thought it best to avoid using it!!

So pleased that I have finally gotten around to finishing this! For a while it felt like it was actually never going to get done!


No comments:

Post a Comment