Search This Blog

Friday 2 March 2012

February Round Up

So I totally meant to write this yesterday but oh well!! An update on what has been occurring crafty wise throughout February and how much more I've ticked off from my 50 Projects list!!

1. Update my blog at least once a week.
Well, I pretty much failed at this after the first week of February!! Here's hoping I'm a bit more successful in March!

2. Make pattern for Japanese wedding sampler.
After putting off starting this for longer than I really should have the pattern is finished!! It was drafted out about 5 times, plus numerous other small sketches to get my ideas straight. It has mostly been totally drawn up from scratch, although I did use a small pattern to base some of the flowers on. All the materials for it have now been bought and have made a good start on the stitching, and it is looking good so far!

7. Start Buffy & Spike kit.
Another kit I have been putting off starting! Mainly because it was so different to other things I have cross stitched. I prefer working using just one bold colour, so a kit that includes lots of different, but similar shades, is a pretty daunting concept. I made a copy of the chart so I could highlight the pattern as I went along, which really helped me to keep my place whilst I working. Here's what I have got so far -


Looking just a bit random!!!

10. Sort out Viking outfit.
Can't totally cross this off the list yet but am making a good start!! I now have suitable shoes, an under dress on the way, fabric and brooches sorted for my apron dress, beads and pendants for my jewellery (although more beads are definitely necessary!) and am currently doing some embroidery for a Jorvik hood. Here's my progress so far -


It is stitched on linen in silk thread. It will also be lined with linen as well once it is finished.

29. Deathly Hallows hoop.
And another Harry Potter hoop to cross off the list!! This time a Deathly Hallows one, as Harry Potter is awesome!! I've been making a load of Harry Potter themed stuff recently, and as I said in January, I will do a big blog post of all of the Harry Potter themed stuff as soon as they are all finished and given as birthday presents :) Here's a sneaky peak for now -


31. Finish Opeth WIP.
IT'S FINISHED!!!!! I've already done a big blog post about so go check it out - Ghost Reveries

40. Stop being terrified of doing French knots & 48. Try my first cross stitch on linen instead of aida.
I think I have finally conquered my total fear and hatred of french knots!! GO TEAM!! Again, I have already done a proper blog post just for this hoop, complete with lots of pictures of said hundreds of french knots!! You can check it out here - Baa, Baa, French Knot Sheep

45. Set up a Folksy store.
Finally got around to setting one of these up as well. You can find my store here - Folksy

As well as all these things of my 50 Projects list I also finished a pretty big blackwork commission for a Catherine of Aragon outfit which will be featured in it's own blog very soon!!

And, I think, that is it!!

Vicki x

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh - I hope you post some more in-progress pics of your buffy x-stitch. It's looking cool!

    ReplyDelete